Software update for: E Series Classic Multifunction Displays (MFDs)
Software version: v5.69
Released: July 2012
How do I upgrade my software?
For instructions please see HERE
- Improved AIS performance including increase of Class B AIS target time-out period to prevent the MFD unnecessarily dropping AIS targets and providing correct TCPA calculation of both stationary and active AIS targets.
V5.52 .zip file for Windows or Mac
E-Series Classic version 5.52 software provides a number of new features and improvements for MFD/Autopilot integration, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), chartplotter functionality and general performance.
E-Series Classic Version 5.52 offers the following new expanded capabilities:
- Digital Radome support - Raymarine has made provisions to insure all E-Series Classic Multifunction Displays possess full compatibility with the Digital Radome product line.
- AIS Class B support - Further expanding on Raymarine's AIS capabilities, software v5.52 now provides E-Series Classic with AIS Class B support, including silent mode and buddy tracking.
- Foreign language support for chart labels - E-Series Classic software v5.52 brings with it the addition of Unicode support, providing users the ability to display actual chart labels in a number of foreign languages (foreign language availability dependent upon purchased Navionics cartography).
- SeaTalkng Support - With 5.52 software, the E-Series Classic MFDs can now be connected to a full SeaTalkng based installation (Support for AIS500 in SeaTalkng still pending).
- Datum Selection - GPS Datum selection error previously reported earlier in the summer has now been corrected in this software release.
E-Series Classic v5.52 Corrections / improvements include:
- Additional autopilot status symbols within fishing pattern mode
- Improved alarm handling for SeaTalkng autopilot
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Added Buddy Tracking and Silent Mode functionality
- Addressed rebooting when a large number of AIS targets are in range (Greater than 300 targets)
- Corrected issues with AIS Target List, simulator function and input to repeater display
- Improved handling of AIS alarm acknowledgement
- Added capability to adjust route line thickness and color
- Data Bar
- Addressed E-Series Classic Repeater display crashing when databar is switched off
- Resolved transducer speed display when using "Y" cable
- Improved SeaTalkhs data communications with Digital Sounder Modules
- We also strongly recommend that DSM30s, DSM300s, and DSM300Gs which have been interfaced to SeaTalkhs MFDs (ex. E-Series Classic MFDs, E-Series Widescreen MFDs, C-Series Widescreen MFDs, and G-Series GPMs) be upgraded to v4.20 DSM30/300 software with v5.18 bootcode. This DSM software may be downloaded from the Downloads & Updates tab found on the DSM30 and DSM300G's product web page
- Fixed SD satellite not being shown on GPS status page
- Corrected wrong vessel position when not in WGS84 datum
- Addresses incorrect position shown in GPS status box
- Corrected a missing text string in the radar application when using Italian language
- Implemented changes to NOAA Marine Zone Boundaries (Great Lakes and others) to support Marine Zone forecast feature
- Resolved data buffer of large storm systems resulting in system crash
- Fixed SIRIUS Receiver 12-digit ID not being displayed correctly
- Fixed SIRIUS Audio alerts softkey not enabled and Delete Alert not initializing
- E-Series Classic MFD no longer reboots after 45 minutes inactivity
- Master E-Series Classic MFD no longer crashes following the Repeater E-Series Classic MFD being switched off