Updating via a Windows PC
Note: this will not change any User/Vessel details inside the AIS650, MMSI, Vessel Type.
Applying the Software Updater Requirements:
- Windows PC (Apple OSX is not currently supported)
- USB connection to Mini USB port on AIS
- AIS650 sw version 1.15 Updater package
Important Note: It is important to note that this software update also consists of a PC USB driver update that must also be applied to the PC that the Class B is used with regularly. Failure to update the USB driver software on the PC may result on the device not being recognised, even if the device itself has received the software update.
This process is automated by the installer software and therefor the update should be carried out using the PC normally used with the AIS device. The AIS Updater Software package itself relies on the user following simple on-screen instructions to allow the update to be installed.
- Extract the files from “AIS650 sw version 1.15.zip” to the PC that you regularly use in conjunction with your AIS device.
- Double click on the file shown above and then double click on the AISUpdater.exe icon from the list of folders and files subsequently shown.
- If asked click “Run” and the following screen will appear to begin taking you through the entire update process.
Please read the welcome notice on this pop-up and then select “Start” when you are ready to begin the process. The Updater software program will then guide the user through the process one step at a time.
Note: For further confirmation that the update has been successful, it is possible to check the software version on the Class B by connecting it ProAIS2 and checking the “Diagnostics” tab. If the update was successful then the following software version should be displayed: AIS Software Version: 040200.01.15.01